It started out with having to make it through the obstacle course of the stock room- worse than usual, I don't usually have to clear jumps to make it through. I managed to clear the course without injury, and proceeded to Cyberville.
Apparently, last weeks halloween festivities have now been spread throughout the Science Center, and guess who gets to run a game?
Highlights of the day:
* Early closing
* Three hours of standing up, with five minutes of break time
* Getting to share in the candy left over in the last bag
* Juvinile delinquents: children who steal prizes. Count: 12
* Repeat offender: cute little five-year-old black girl tried five times. The last time, I escorted her by hand (per Science Center policy, guiding her by her shoulder) to her mother. Reply? "DON'T YOU TOUCH HER!" Geez, lady, she was stealing our stuff!
* Small children running away screaming from me; infants looking very oddly at me (This isn't all that out-of-the-ordinary for me, actually.)
* Grand larceny attempt: Visitor attempted to steal a five-pound bag of candy- got run down by another visitor, who snatched and returned said produce
* Bean bags to the groin: 3
* Bean bags to the face: 10
* Obcenities uttered: 0
* Attempts of mine to magically influence something (or psychically, if you don't consider willworking "magic"): 9
* Successes for above: 7 (five shots that should have missed but didn't, one unopenable bag opened with ease, convincing small child to not steal. Plus two unverifiable results of a child suddenly "getting the idea.")
* Pieces of candy smuggled home: 7
* Pieces of candy stolen without game play by visitors (approx.): 41
* Times I fell down: 0
* Times I actually snarled/growled at someone: 8
* Times I accidentally hit Erik in the butt, instead of returning bean bag bees to the bean bag bee bin: 3
* Times he offered extra points to visitors for nailing me instead of a target: 3
* Times this offer was redeemed: 3
* % chance that I will, after writing this, go upstairs and collapse on my bed: 100