It's amusing, but I admit I'm getting tired of it. So I'm deciding what new sound theme I want- I think I want to theme it much more thoroughly. While mail and SMS are the two most common sound events on my phone, I want more of them covered for the replacement.
I think I'm going to go entirely with samples from the music of Jim's Big Ego. There's enough variety for every major system event, plus individual ringtones:
- E-mail: Theme from introduction to "Stay In Love", one bar
- SMS: "They're everywhere, they're everywhere, they're everywhere", from "They're Everywhere" (album: They're Everywhere)
- Reminder: "I'm addicted to stress, it's the way that I get things done", from "Stress" (album: Noplace Like Nowhere)
- IM:"Yeah!" (the desperately screamed one from "Stress", from album Noplace Like Nowhere)
- Voice mail/missed call: "I'm only gonna say this once", from "|:This Message:|" (album: Don't Get Smart)
- Default ringtone:"Nah neh nah neh nah nah...", from "State of Security" (released online)
- wyrdryn - Stay In Love (Noplace Like Nowhere)
- blackvoiddragon - now (free*)
- My former boss - Cheat To Lose (Don't Get Smart)
- My parents - Postcard from Caraciou (Noplace Like Nowhere)
- New project manager - Concrete (Noplace Like Nowhere)
- New boss - Math Prof Rock Star (They're Everywhere)
- Any teammate - Better Than You (Noplace Like Nowhere), sleepwalker (free*) or background vocals (free*), depending on how egotistical I feel when picking songs
(ActiveSync connection establishment/disestablishment will retain the default plink.)
Other egomaniacs- better ideas for some of these events?
For bonus points, I encourage analysis of how bitterly sarcastic many of my work-related ringtone choices are.
This is kind of a note-to-self post, I admit. I was thinking of this walking to work this morning (see previous Twitter aggregations, but I crashed my bike Monday and the shop is busy and hasn't gotten around to repairing it yet) and wanted to dump my thoughts somewhere.