At night, I have no visible clock. Clocky is unlit, and the traditional alarm clock is on the other side of Rakeela, so I can't read it either.
I finally solved it! Since I always wanted a Chumby anyway, I made an all-clocks channel and made my new Nokia N810 pretend tp be a Chumby and display it while it charged overnight. Let's break this down:
* General-purpose Linux handheld
* with a wireless Internet connection
* Downloading a loop of Flash videos of clocks
* intended for a different device
* Which it has an emulator for
* while plugged in with a British power cord with an American adapter on the end. (They sold me a UK set and a power plug adapter, apparently what they had on hand.)
...because I needed an illuminated clock.